Sunday, July 15, 2012

On the Road Again...

Just can't wait to get on the road again...

I know I've been away for a few months.  Things got quite hectic at the end of tax season and then my May and June were jam packed with birthday and volunteer commitments.  Last weekend was my first weekend off from everything and it was nice to have a day or two to do absolutely nothing!

So, what's been up with me?  Well, I joined a gym.  Exercise is awesome for those of us with anxiety issues. I will touch upon that in another blog, but I can tell you one thing.  No matter what kind of a day I'm having (anxious, bad, pissed, etc.) by the time I leave the gym I feel great.  I never joined one before and I didn't know that I would turn into a gym rat so fast, but I love it.

On the anxiety front, I've been better.  I've been worse too so I have that to be thankful for.  I came to the conclusion that trying this or that are not working and that I need to start back up what I know works.  So, I ordered another workbook for the program I was on and I am going to do the 16 week program all over again.  It's time.  I feel a little bummed about it but at the same time I don't.  I know I'm no where near as bad as I was before I first started the program seven years ago but I also know that I'm not where I was when I finished the program either.  Nothing wrong with going through it again, touching  upon some things I still need help with and moving up to a new level of recovering.  I also decided that I can't spread myself as thin as I was and I resigned from one of my jobs.  It was a very hard decision, but it was needed.

So this is where I'm at.  I'm excited to be more public about the journey this time around and I intend on going through all 16 weeks on here so if you were at all interested in the program or what I did to better myself, here's your chance!  I'm not telling you to run off and buy it, but this is what worked for me and so this is what I will use again.  Seven years is a long time to be out of "treatment" so to speak so I think it's going to be a great thing to revisit and remind myself of lessons I've clearly forgotten about.  My blog posts won't just be about the program, though. I do have a long list of topics I wanted to discuss before I went on hiatus.  As always, if there are any topics you'd like me to talk about, feel free to let me know!  Also, if you know of someone who would benefit from this blog, feel free to share it.  I have 9 followers now and I'll always welcome more!

Love and Light~

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment